Russell 2000 fell
The major US indices are closing the day mixed. The Dow industrial average was the worst performer. The NASDAQ index was the best performer
- Technology +1.17%
- Healthcare +0.8%
- communication services +1.49%
- financials -2.93%
- energy -3.49%
- materials -2.2%
- Dow closes down for the fourth straight day
- Longest losing streak since January for the Dow
- The Dow is on track for its worst week since late January
- NASDAQ closes within striking distance of a record close but still below
- The S&P snapped 82 days losing streak
There was a rotation out of cyclicals, financials and and more into technology. Funds moved out of interest rates as well after the run up yesterday. Crude oil, commodities, were also out of favor today after being more favored in 2021.
A look at the closing levels shows:
- Dow industrial average felt -209.96 points or -0.62% at 33823.71
- S&P index fell -1.76 points or -0.04% at 4221.94
- NASDAQ index rose 121.67 points or 0.87% at 14161.35
- Russell 2000 fell -27.23 points or -1.18% at 2287.46
Tomorrow is expiration day for options.
This article was originally published by Forexlive.com. Read the original article here.